Back to Church Plan
Sunday May 24, 2020 we will begin the process of reopening for Worship Services. While we are excited about this we also want to be very cautious in this process for the safety of those we love. We have some guidelines we would like for those who choose to come to church to observe as we gather.
Most of these guidelines are suggested by the Alabama Department of Public Health and were discussed and formulated by the BBC Deacons and Pastor Kevin on Sunday May 17, 2020.
- Sunday May 24, 2020 we will reopen for Worship at 8:45 Traditional Service and 11:00 Contemporary Service.
- Each service will have a Welcome, Opening Song, Sermon, Closing Song and announcements.
- Restrooms will be sanitized and available but since each attendee will only be on-campus at one of the two services (Our goal is less than 50 minutes), please try to take care of bathroom needs before coming.
- We will not have Sunday School
- We will not have Nursery or Children’s Church on Campus (Children’s Church is still available at 9:30 am on Facebook and YouTube).
- We will have no bulletins
- We will not pass an offering plate, however drop boxes will be available at doors for those who do not give online.
- Alternate rows between attendees (every other row left empty).
- Rows will be COLOR CODED and marked for each service.
- Please keep at least THREE EMPY SEATS (or 6 feet) of separation between parties (Families) in any row.
- Attendees are encouraged to wear masks and gloves.
- Doors will be propped open for entering and exiting the building.
- People 65 and older or others especially at risk are strongly encouraged to watch or participate in the service remotely.
- The 8:45 service will be available on YouTube, Facebook, WVSM radio, and on the churches website at 11:00 am.
- After the service, attendees will be directed to leave in an orderly fashion in order to not “bottleneck” at exits. Please exit when instructed and do not congregate and socialize inside the building.
We appreciate each one of you for the effort you are making to keep yourself and others safe during this time!
There are many unknowns for so many of us during the current events. We would like to offer Quarantine Assistance to any who are quarantining themselves Dekalb County. If you are at a high risk and feel like you can not or should not go to the store to get groceries or medications please contact our office 256.638.4219 so we can make arrangements to work out the details and deliver these necessities to you in a safe manner. We care about each of you!